View Single Post
Old 12-26-2013, 11:38 PM   #123
John-An
The Man of Tomorrow

Default Re: Henry Cavill IS Superman - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemeres View Post
So... no charm whatsoever, then? Couldn't agree less. Tony Stark is not the end-all be-all of charisma possibilities, there's a whole world in between, and I don't see why Superman has to be at the bottom of the spectrum... as if that were his only possibility. Yes, I'd LOVE some jokes, I'd LOVE some wit and I'd LOVE some semblance of an intelligent personality. Even troubled people have different sides to them other than a mopey face. When Alan Grant pulls that electrocution joke on the kids in Jurassic Park... that had a HUGE effect on me as a kid. That little moment of charisma alone was the main reason I wanted an action figure of the guy. I can only imagine the difference it would have on young kids to see Superman be the cool guy for a change... something he hasn't been on a broad scale since the Chris Reeve days, I'm sad to say. I probably can't count on Goyer for that, but I'm hoping Terrio can do something about it.
Man, 2 or 3 jokes are fine but in this movie (MOS) didn't need jokes cause you know the drama will be taken away (as in some parts from the Avengers). Reeve's Supes was unforgettable but I'm prepared for a change because you know in this days some things that Superman had would not fit.
Cavill had charisma eventhought he didn't play a "funny" role. He was a charismatic being at the role he was playing. The badass Superman, the lost Clark finding his place.
We can't compare now to Reeve cause this Superman hasn't been shown stablished. We saw the REAL CLARK/Kal. WE NEED TO SEE THE DP Clark, Superman interacting with people. That's what I hope we see in the next movie and will give us the true potential of Cavill and if he owns the Superman role 100%.