View Single Post
Old 12-27-2013, 01:51 PM   #38
charl_huntress
The Offender w/ Magic

Default Re: Ben Affleck IS Batman - - Part 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOneWhoKnocks View Post
RDJ's success is the upside for Affleck. There's virtually no risk. If he fails miserably, he's a director of Oscar winning/nominated movies and a guy that directors like Fincher and Malick want in their movies. If it works, he is those things, hitched to one of the most globally recognized icons and re-introduced to audiences under the age of 15/16 who aren't really familiar with his career.
Very true and great points! There is a tremendous upside for Affleck. Though I do think there is also a downside too. DD and Gigli will be rehashed and his rep as an actor will take a hit if he has another critical bomb. He'll still have fame as a director, but people tend to remember failures more than successes most times.

I truly hope Affleck does well. I am skeptical, but he could totally kill it as Batman, and then all the naysayers will have to eat their words. Yet...that will be impossible because someone will repost those words for all the Hype to see.

I've heard so many people talk about how Superman would kill Lois if they ever had sex, but I've never heard someone make this point before and it's brilliant. If Superman's bodily fluids are so dangerous, then he'd have to use a kryptonite toilet every time he takes a dump.