View Single Post
Old 12-29-2013, 05:53 AM   #38
jaymes_e06
TRINITY

Doh Re: Gal Gadot IS Wonder Woman! - Part 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by roach View Post
I am not saying she can't be weaker than Superman. I am saying there is no need to take away her ability to fly just because Superman can fly. If we were talking about Martian Manhunter would anyone be suggesting that he can't fly? If were talking about Captain Marvel/Shazam would anyone suggest he can't fly? If we were talking about Hawkman, Green Lantern, Red Tornado, Firestorm or Dr. Fate no one would be saying take away flight. So why are we talking about taking away WW's flight? We have a Superman at full abilities...we hope we get a Batman at full(comic) abilities...but WW we can nerf. I find it as disrespectful as dressing her in her comic costume. Sorry if that offended you but I question that the only character anyone is talking about taking abilities from is a female.
Your point has little validity considering all those characters have ALWAYS had flight as a power and in other media. WW'S first and only show showed her without it and no one ever cried that it was sexist. People are reading far too much into one of her many abilities.

:o