View Single Post
Old 01-02-2014, 04:25 PM   #45
Marvin
Side-Kick

Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karelia View Post
One of my favorite actor/wrestler playing one of my favorite heroes? I'm okay with this. I was really down with him playing Lobo, but he'd make a great Stewart as well.

I'm actually hoping he does play Stewart. He really could revive the GL franchise like he has done with his prior movies.

Some of the reasons people have as to why he shouldn't play GL are kinda baffling. (He's too big, he's not black enough, he will ruin the movie, etc.)
I find the colour complaint to be a joke. Sometimes people get too wrapped up on precise aesthetics, and they tend to not even know why.

I've seen arguments about the vast difference between 6'2 and 6'3 and it's importance to character. Jet black hair vs brown etc. I get why a green lanterns powers need be green(I guess) but some fights are better left not fighting. Dwayne is half black(and his mom ain't white), in a world where Perry White is Morpheus of all people.

Thinking about it for 2 seconds but his personality when playing an officer of the law in his movies, is pretty much pin point Jon characterization imo. Still taking this rumor with salt. But the prospect of an DC avengers camera role call with Dwayne in there is nothing but money.

Last edited by Marvin; 01-02-2014 at 04:28 PM.