View Single Post
Old 01-04-2014, 01:57 AM   #951
wiegeabo
Omniposcient
 
wiegeabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Look behind you...
Posts: 36,320
Default Re: Discussion: Legalizing Marijuana II

Quote:
Originally Posted by SV Fan View Post
Personally I believe marijuana business should be run as not for profit businesses(ie pay your employees and the rest gets reinvested in the store somehow or the government takes it)
Why?

Shouldn't they be run like alcohol? And that's for profit. It is a recreational business, after all.

Medical only shops could be different though.


And when it comes to following the alcohol model, I hope they don't duplicate the two-tier distribution system. Where manufacturers can't sell to accounts, but have to sell to middlemen who can sell to the accounts. It just jacks up prices and lets the government double dip on the taxes. And when it gets big, it just adds a lot of inefficiencies into the system (at least for local/smaller manufacturers).

__________________
I don't care about your deathmatches. Don't even ask. I'll just report it as spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is offline