View Single Post
Old 01-04-2014, 04:25 PM   #493
Loki882
Side-Kick

Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axl Van Sixx View Post
For whatever reason, critics and fans love to **** on the performances of the female leads in a lot of superhero films. I think that's really unfair, particularly since often the actress is relegated to playing the thankless role of "love interest". The only time I really agreed with those criticisms was with Katie Holmes in BB and Kate Bosworth in SR.

Personally, I thought Ackerman more than held her own with the rest of the Watchmen cast and never understood the criticisms against her.

As for Jett, I would take anything he says with a grain of salt. I see him kind of the same way I see Harry Knowles -- the fanboy creator of a popular genre website who deludes himself that he's part of the Hollywood "in-crowd" just because he's met a few bigwigs and gotten some free stuff, when really the studios are using him much as they would any other source of free publicity.

Jett is no better than El Maybe when it comes to the rumours he spreads, and everything he says in that interview smacks of guesswork and speculation. I sure as hell hope that they're not going to water down Wonder Woman's origins by making her a Superman-related character.
I don't even hate Holmes's performance. I thought that she was fine in that role. The problem is that she's in a movie with people like Bale, Oldman, Caine, Neeson, Freeman, Wilkinson, etc. These are some of the greatest actors who have ever lived, and they were all bringing their A-games. She was fine, but everyone around her was so fantastic that she stuck out. I just think that Bosworth was miscast. I've liked her in other movies, but she was way too young, and LOOKED way too young, to play Lois, especially since her Lois was supposed to be Margot Kidder's Lois, only five years older. It was really distracting and the fact that Lois was terribly written in SR and her performance was rather wooden didn't help matters.