View Single Post
Old 01-04-2014, 04:28 PM   #495
TerryMcGinnis
Batman Beyond

Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - P

I hope the guy is wrong on quite a few of his points as far as Affleck's Batman goes, because I don't like the sound of it, not in the least.

I cringed and shuddered as soon as I read "Bat-armor". I don't like the idea of Batman using armor, at all. It was used in Batman Beyond in one episode, for a few minutes, in some very dire straits, where Bruce couldn't afford to risk anything, facing off against Inque, and he was running the very real danger of having a heart attack due to overexertion. Those few scenes are memorable primarily because after 10 episodes of the show, we finally saw a glimpse of Bruce in action as Batman again, with the B:TAS theme playing in the background, not because of the armor. Arguably, it would have been even more epic if he wore his regular batsuit.

And I really don't think that Batman Beyond's Bruce (or Kingdom Come, or TDKR) should be an influence on how they're looking to bring the character across in this movie. Not if he's supposed to be concurrent with Superman in his prime.

But that all comes back to their whole "older, wiser and weary" angle, which is not my cup of tea at all, especially in the context that they've established with Man of Steel.

I love me some old, cranky (crankier than usual I should say) Bruce/Batman as much as the next guy, but I'm not too optimistic about how that would work in MOS' world with a 30-something Superman.

Last edited by TerryMcGinnis; 01-04-2014 at 04:32 PM.