View Single Post
Old 01-04-2014, 05:27 PM   #281
Keyser Soze
AW YEEEAH!

Default Re: Ben Affleck IS Batman - - Part 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike22 View Post
However unexpected it was, the casting of Affleck really is terrific.
With the exception of maybe Guy Pearce, I don't think there's a single other name out there that actually can get me exited about the casting of Batman, but ultimately Ben was the right choice, a good actor, a few Oscars under his utility belt, a huge batman fan, and from the looks of it, is physically huge. As far as I'm concerned, that movie can't get here soon enough.
I'm happy with the casting of Ben Affleck as Batman too. I've said this before: I never considered him for the part beforehand, but to be honest I was never particularly married to the notion of any one actor to take the role. I already got my dream Batman in Christian Bale - already one of my favourite actors after giving what was at the time he was cast my single favourite movie performance as Patrick Bateman in American Psycho - who managed to make Batman the most compelling character in his own films again, and who starred in what will likely remain the definitive Batman films for me for quite some time. So whatever Ben Affleck can do with the role is gravy.

And check out my new comic, AND THEN EMILY WAS GONE!

And listen to my slick Scottish voice on The Off-Panel Podcast!