View Single Post
Old 01-04-2014, 06:06 PM   #313
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

Default Re: Is anyone else hoping they don't fight?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsKent26 View Post
I hope that Batman and Superman don't come off like the Avengers did. I didn't like the character fights in Avengers at all. They seemed silly in both cases. The fights seemed so...inconsequential. There was no weight to them. They were "fun" fights that the audience could enjoy because they looked cool, provided an opportunity for a couple of quips and had no fall-out/little effect on the plot. That is exactly what I don't want in this movie. This is going to be a challenge.
Well, they're pretty much usually inconsequential really.

I mean, they all stem from conversations you'd have as a kid with your friends about who would in a such fights with no real concern as to why they would fight. When really, if these characters were mature enough like any other adult, it wouldn't really get to that point. They'd only fight the bad guys. And if they really went at it, I don't think their issues would really be resolved with a fight or over the course of just one film too.

I was at some diplomatic party once. Got to talking to this princess who told me that when it came to Superman, I was missing the point. She told me, "His real strength lay in his generous spirit and sense of what's fair." - King Faraday

"
Hes much more of a working class superhero, which is why we ended the whole book with the image of a laboring Superman. Hes Everyman operating on a scifi Paul Bunyan scale." - Grant Morrison

"Self Portrait" By Batman
Lencho01 is offline   Reply With Quote