View Single Post
Old 01-04-2014, 08:43 PM   #810
roach
I am the night

Default Re: The Wonder Woman Costume Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by SofNascimento View Post
I would cut a leg off to see a Wonder Woman film based on Azzarello's run directed by Del Toro, so in a sense I agree with you. Yet, her costume in the nu52 have nothing to do with ancient greek mithology. You could argue that the armor she uses to travel to Hell is, yet it's not her default one. It was even rejected for that role and then reused in the that particular story arc.

But I'm not saying I don't think a Wonder Woman costume shouldn't resemble an hoplite/roman armor or something in those lines. What I'm saying is that most fan made designs I see with that idea are mediocre. And mediocre just won't do. First and foremost it has to look good. Everything else is secundary.
I'd like to see her in several costumes. I think people are over stating the amazon connections and yes she is an amazon warrior but I'd like to see her in something more super hero-y. If she is first coming to man's world she should look like she came from an island of amazons. I'd rather she have a costume that says Wonder Woman more than amazon.

There seems to be a grave misunderstanding in todayís protest-hungry world of entertainment fans into how far their opinion should really matter. You donít like a story? Thatís fine Ė donít read a story. Former Marvel editor Tom Brennan