View Single Post
Old 01-05-2014, 01:17 AM   #990
BattleAngel
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Batsuit Thread - Part 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFlamingCoco View Post
^ Affleck's a TOON!

But in all seriousness, you brought the 'Fleck back to comics.

Just seeing Cavill in the MOS promo art shows how comic-bookish the suits(and characters) are. I hope the same is with Ben.
Hahaha, yeah... I gave up on the whole make it look like a photo thing and settled for just getting his face in there in a good way. The whole thing with these pics, for me, is getting used to Fleck as Batman, and I find that the realism of the shot really doesn't matter much to me. I did a few semi-realistic ones (the best was that Grampa one). I also thought it was best to just find the best suits that I could find and mess with them - here I added a light chain-mail under the nanotube chest/abdomen/arms with advanced kevlar weave sides and cowl, and leather to the cape (barely noticable). And sort of a canvas texture very lightly to the belt pouches. And a black leather to the logo, sort of to make it slightly raised. I think these textures would be likely to be used/emulated given the types of suits being built in hollywood these days, ie. Tron and the new X-Men, so I might as well show those too. But really... it's just about seeing Fleck's lower face and getting used to it. Ideally in the most traditional yet high tech costume possible.