Thread: Agent 13
View Single Post
Old 01-05-2014, 11:23 PM   #17
Suzanne78
I AM GROOT!

Default Re: Agent 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by speno94 View Post
I am actually glad that they seem just to be introducing Sharon in this film because it allows the film to bring closure to the Peggy/Steve relationship properly, so I think Peggy will still be the 'love interest' in the film but she has obviously changed, so by the end of the film, you start to see hints of the new Cap/Sharon relationship for the sequels. I don't think Cap and Sharon will 'kiss' in this film or actually get together, but you will get strong hints that they will in sequels.

Steve has too much unfinished business with the past which the audience is waiting to see resolved, so to begin any new relationships will end up being rushed and a mistake.

As for Natasha, I REALLY hope she isn't a love interest for Cap and are JUST friends and work/field partners with a fun friendly banter and that set photo of them kissing is most probably just part of a scheme or something on a mission.

Also I think Falcon is Cap's modern day sidekick and not Natasha all that much, so I hope in future films she not going to take over the screen time from Falcon and Black Widow becomes the secondary sidekick character in all the future Cap films.
This is kind of what I'm thinking too, and I'm actually for taking Sharon Carter in this film and slowly developing her as a character in her own right. I don't really see BW's role taking over hers in this movie; as far as I'm concerned Widow is a major character in the MCU and should actually have her own movie, but is pretty much sharing the lead with Steve in this one for reasons that will likely become clearer the closer we are to the release of this movie (i.e. her past with Bucky). Sharon should be introduced, slowly and surely, and maybe focus on her own relationship with SHIELD and Peggy before going full bore into a relationship with Steve.

I agree that I really want to see Steve and Peggy's relationship and how it develops in this movie, as well as Steve dealing with his past, which is pretty much the entire movie in a nutshell.

Suzanne78 is offline   Reply With Quote