View Single Post
Old 01-14-2014, 03:37 AM   #467
charl_huntress
The Offender w/ Magic

Default Re: What's So Bad About Superman Returns?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Pleasury View Post
Lois might look and sound nice to Clark. But that's only because she pities him, that's why she tries to be nice and friendly. And she knows he has a real crush on her but for no reason she looks at him like a complete man. But it's the blue prince she looks for, when it's about Superman, she doesn't even need to get to know him better.
Again though, pity is not an emotion someone has for someone they despise. That was my main beef with your wording. As it is...I still think you need to watch STM and SII again. I happened to watch both STM and SII yesterday, and while I agree Lois feels some pity for Clark, and has a crush on Superman. One of the reasons she feels pity for Clark is he goes out of his way to act like a complete buffoon around her. Or...he acts so incredibly wimpy and meek he seems a little deserving of pity. Lois is actually trying to be a friend to Clark because she thinks he's...a bit of boob, and she wants to help him not be that way because she considers him a friend. It might be and would be wrong of her to think that way if he wasn't actually acting like a boob. Conversely, when he's Superman, he's all macho and hot, and he's flirting with her! Why wouldn't Lois have a crush on Superman, when he's clearly crushing on her?

Again, it's like you'll say anything to defend SR... C'mon...

Quote:
And since SR is a sequel to the Donnerverse, then other interpretations are irrelevant.
Fair enough, but that's now how you phrased it, and again it was that phrasing I took issue with.

Quote:
Unlike you, I haven't told you to stop, so you don't have to clarify this.
Quite right...my bad.

I've heard so many people talk about how Superman would kill Lois if they ever had sex, but I've never heard someone make this point before and it's brilliant. If Superman's bodily fluids are so dangerous, then he'd have to use a kryptonite toilet every time he takes a dump.

Last edited by charl_huntress; 01-14-2014 at 03:42 AM.
charl_huntress is offline   Reply With Quote