View Single Post
Old 01-14-2014, 04:20 AM   #469
charl_huntress
The Offender w/ Magic

Default Re: What's So Bad About Superman Returns?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Pleasury View Post
Re-word, re-phrase it the way you want. The Lois-Clark relationship was based on STM and follows that. And the whole point of this was that sf2 was outraged that Lois was not a role model. And she has never been one in the Donnerverse.
Fair enough, but what I was responding to was what you said in response to that. I think we have clarified Lois did not despise Clark in STM and SII. She did consider him a friend. She wasn't some superficial harlot who ignored him in favor of Superman. Superman was clearly crushing on her and the feeling was mutual. I am glad that is clear.

In my opinion SR Lois was cold. I didn't get a lot of warmth or energy from her, and I blame that completely on Singer and Bosworth. She was upset with Superman (rightfully so) because he left without saying goodbye when they were clearly (?) in a relationship. Because of the vague history, it's unclear what was going on, or why she's really mad, so it comes off as cold. The vague explanation is what hampers truly exploring the relationship because Singer didn't actually follow the Donnerverse, he just picked certain elements that he wanted for his depressing Superman flick.

Quote:
Were you no a haterphobic?
I believe the hate I have for this movie is what caused my phobia in the first place.

I've heard so many people talk about how Superman would kill Lois if they ever had sex, but I've never heard someone make this point before and it's brilliant. If Superman's bodily fluids are so dangerous, then he'd have to use a kryptonite toilet every time he takes a dump.

Last edited by charl_huntress; 01-14-2014 at 04:24 AM.
charl_huntress is offline   Reply With Quote