View Single Post
Old 01-14-2014, 04:00 PM   #490
Senator Pleasury
Banned User

Default Re: What's So Bad About Superman Returns?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Human Torch View Post
This also brings up the "Does Superman kill" thing all over again.But it's sort of the same thing as Batman Begins in not saving the crooks,only leaving them the slightest chance to escape with their lives.
Well, since he didn't kill them, it wouldn't bring up the subject. Luthor and Kitty didn't die and they were in the same place. Makes you wonder what was the difference.

Quote:
MJ was no less impulsive. Only you are willing to excuse Lois living with a guy (that you admit,she didn't love) and have him raise a kid that might or might not not be his,and condemn MJ for marrying a guy she didn't love,only to come to her senses and leave him at the last minute.
I'll be damned if I remember when I criticized MJ for doing that. I don't remember Peter Parker leaving without saying good-bye though.

Anyways, Lois had both the reasons and the personality in SR.

Quote:
Only in this movie.
And only in SIII that artificial kryptonite made Superman behave like he did. So we accept that artificial kryptonite can do it. In no other movie, Superman thought of re-charging his cells before being exposed to kryptonite, but we do know he gets his powers from the sun.

Anyways, Singer did address the subject.

Quote:
That doesn't really excuse him from playing fast and lose with the "rules" of the mythos.
There are no rules set about it in the movies, so Singer was - much like SIII makers about the artificial kryptonite or SII makers about the rules for a Kryptonian to be with a human - creating them.

Senator Pleasury is offline   Reply With Quote