View Single Post
Old 01-14-2014, 09:35 PM   #494
Human Torch
Mandatory Fun

Default Re: What's So Bad About Superman Returns?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Pleasury View Post
Well, since he didn't kill them, it wouldn't bring up the subject. Luthor and Kitty didn't die and they were in the same place. Makes you wonder what was the difference.
It's almost the exact same scenario as the Batman/Ra's one you hated.Supe says "I know there's living people on this island,but hey,they should have sense enough to get in the copter and fly away before I can get this big ol' island into space."
Quote:
I'll be damned if I remember when I criticized MJ for doing that. I don't remember Peter Parker leaving without saying good-bye though.
He more or less dumped her at the end of the first movie.Gave her a better motivation to move on (after two YEARS) than Lois had barely a month after Supe's departure.
Quote:
Anyways, Lois had both the reasons and the personality in SR.
As I said,her personality didn't in fact match up with Kidder,who practically worshiped Supe.Sure,it's all for the almighty drama,but I can't believe Kidder playing that same part.Not by a long shot.She'd have sat by the phone for five years,expecting he'd be back any time.

Quote:

And only in SIII that artificial kryptonite made Superman behave like he did. So we accept that artificial kryptonite can do it. In no other movie, Superman thought of re-charging his cells before being exposed to kryptonite, but we do know he gets his powers from the sun.

Anyways, Singer did address the subject.
There's a difference between adding to the rules and outright ignoring them.

Kryptonite with tar= Evil Superman

Kryptonite stuck in Superman = him writhing in agoney on the ground.He'd never be able to stand,much less fly to the sun (which I suppose has become his battery,kinda like Green Lantern's Lanteren?He has to "recharge" every so often?)

Quote:
There are no rules set about it in the movies, so Singer was - much like SIII makers about the artificial kryptonite or SII makers about the rules for a Kryptonian to be with a human - creating them.
They already established that he's powerless in STM and (heck in every incarnation) that Superman can't even touch kryptonite to throw it away,much less do amazing feats with a piece in his body!