View Single Post
Old 01-22-2014, 10:13 AM   #6
DorneyDave
Side-Kick

Default Re: Superman TM 1978 vs Man of Steel 2013, was the world ready, what do you think?

Superman the Movie was the first of its' kind. That's why it's remembered as a timeless classic and a lot of people can't shake that image of Superman out of their head. So when a new verison of the character comes along and it's not the Reeve copy, they get skeptical.

I find many of the moments in Superman the movie cringe worthy now, but it's still a classic.

I loved MOS, and so did many others. It won't go down as a timeless classic because it came at a time when superhero movies are the norm. It's still an awesome movie for those that enjoy it. It was one of the top selling home video releases this year, the majority enjoyed it.

I think it's the better movie because of the serious nature of the film. I can't watch Superman: The Movie over and over anymore, it's just too campy and doesn't hold up under my "aged" microscope. I get that comic book movies weren't supposed to be taken seriously, but every side character outside of Lois is a cookie cutter. Zero depth.

The action, the effects, the characters, I just like everything a bunch more in Man of Steel. I'm a fan of the "serious" comic book movie.

Last edited by DorneyDave; 01-22-2014 at 10:18 AM.
DorneyDave is offline   Reply With Quote