View Single Post
Old 01-22-2014, 04:35 PM   #17
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Default Re: Superman TM 1978 vs Man of Steel 2013, was the world ready, what do you think?

Isn't there already a thread on this?

Superman the Movie has so much nostalgia for me, I first saw it as a 3 or 4 year old (can't quite remember which) my Dad sat me down to watch it, it was Christmas time (think it might have been boxing day) and he said you'll like this. I just remember been blown away, the opening credits came out at me, Krypton was so beautiful, seeing the costume and him fly just made my jaw drop, it was such an amazing experience. One that has always stuck with me. Over time and as I got older I discovered more things I loved about this film and of course a few things I didn't care for as much as time went on but still its always been a film I've revisited over and over. Christopher Reeve will always be my childhood Superman, his performance in this film is legendary and he was a huge part of the reason I believed a man could fly. I won't get into my minir negatives if the film as I've mentioned them before. Its still a 9 out of 10 for me.

Where Man of Steel is concerned, I honestly don't think I've ever been so excited to see a film in all my life. Its amazing, the big thing for me was I finally got a Superman film with modern FX and I finally saw a live action Superman punch someone in the way he did in the comics. Henry Cavill was every bit as good as Christopher Reeve yet different. There are of course other reasons I love this film but again its something I've talked about before so I'm not gonna go into it. Its a 9.5 out if 10 for me, it beats Superman the Movie by a .5, its about as damn near perfect as a film gets for me. Its my favourite film of all-time with STM just behind it, and I don't think there's any shame in that.

Now I know that wasn't really the question but I don't really have any other way of answering it other than saying which one is the best for me.

BH/HHH is online now   Reply With Quote