View Single Post
Old 01-25-2014, 12:26 AM   #31
cph9fa
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Official Avengers: Age of Ultron Fan art & Manips thread

Who can't wait for this film?

Here's a manip I did with some of the recent casting & location news, as well as a few rumors and speculations. Right-click - View Image for full-size! I doubt all of these characters will be in the film, but I decided to "go big" and throw in most everything. It's meant to be reminiscent of the full-page comic layouts where you have whole teams full of characters facing off against each other.

Artists Notes:
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
- I don't know who created the Ultron head manip, or I'd give them credit. But they did a fantastic job, and I hope they don't mind me borrowing it.

- I mostly tried to go with recent Phase II depictions of the characters when possible. One exception is Iron Man, because it was hard to find a shot of the Mk 42 doing anything other than sitting around on a couch. Also, I couldn't find a well-posed shot of Cap's second CATWS suit (the one with the red stripes) or I'd have used that.

- There were rumors of Rhodey being in this, so I threw in Iron Patriot. I threw in Falcon because I was feeling extra-generous, and he looks awesome taking to the sky behind everyone else. Not sure either of these will have large roles (if any) in the film. Not shown is Vision, because I'm not sure how that would even be done; maybe recolor IP to be green and gold?

- Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver are on they villain side, along with Von Strucker, since they probably will start out that way. Crossbones has also been rumored to be in this. I threw in Abomination just to balance out the Hulk (and there were rumors of a jail-break sequence...).

- I deliberately placed Fury between the Heroes and Villains, to represent SHIELD's possible role in creating Ultron, and their potential moral ambiguity.

- When I added the Quinjet, it's twin red lights reminded me of Ultron's eye's so I made it look like Ultron is remote-controlling it to attack the Avengers. (I now very much hope that this will happen! Assuming they actually have any Quinjets left when Cap finishes with them in CATWS)

- The very recent news of the Fortress location was just too good to not include it. Originally, the backdrop was just going to just be a random destroyed city picture that I found online.

Last edited by cph9fa; 01-25-2014 at 12:30 AM.
cph9fa is offline   Reply With Quote