View Single Post
Old 01-25-2014, 09:41 AM   #48
Skrilla31
Side-Kick

Default Re: Superman TM 1978 vs Man of Steel 2013, was the world ready, what do you think?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsKent26 View Post
Do not tell me what I think. I don't give a hoot how the public receives it. I care what I thought. And don't talk down to me like a little child because I liked it and you didn't. Just say you didn't like it. My statement made comeplete sense.

Mos had a mixed reception. It did well financially. Hence, it wasn't a failure. I never said it was flawless and the best movie ever. And for me, it was good and left me wanting more of this superman. That's what I wanted out of it. The public reception matters very little to me, as long as it was good enough to get a sequel of sorts and it was. So, I am satisfied because I'll get more superman. Don't assume I'm kidding myself. That's unfair. I have nothing to prove to anyone and I have no problem saying what I really think.

And for the record, I wouldn't talk down to you for not liking the film. Do me the same curtesy.
Your exact words in your first post were "MOS wasn't a failure in any capacity."

You didn't just say financial capacity... you said ANY capacity.

Unless of course that was translation for "My opinion of the movie is the only opinion that matters hence forth it wasn't a failure".

But we both know that isn't true since you brought up the box office numbers.

Skrilla31 is offline   Reply With Quote