View Single Post
Old 01-25-2014, 09:54 AM   #49
Visualiza
What is a yout?

Default Re: Superman TM 1978 vs Man of Steel 2013, was the world ready, what do you think?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsKent26 View Post
My statement made comeplete sense.
No, it really didn't. For one thing, you make too many presumptions, not the least which being the standards for measuring success. That's as open to interpretation as anything else; when was it ever established that success or failure is strictly based on financial performance?

Otherwise, since when does the term "mixed" figure into the criteria for success? Do you really believe that getting a mixed reception rather than a positive one is considered successful? The bottom rung of the ladder isn't exactly what I'd call success; that's the way I'd look at it if I was a studio exec, anyway.

Quote:
Mos had a mixed reception. It did well financially. Hence, it wasn't a failure.
Non sequitur.

Quote:
And for the record, I wouldn't talk down to you for not liking the film. Do me the same curtesy.
But you already have:

Quote:
MOS wasn't a failure in any capacity. People who want to think that can do so if it makes them feel better.
Hate to say it, but that's the sort of reply you invite when you make backhanded comments.

The idea that MoS is only a failure to those who are lying to themselves is a ridiculous false dichotomy.

Visualiza is offline   Reply With Quote