View Single Post
Old 01-25-2014, 11:42 AM   #616
DrCosmic
Professor of Power

Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Upgrade section 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePowerCosmic View Post
Pair ups- Iron Man with Cap, Thor with Hulk, Widow and Hawkeye, Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSkywalker View Post
Those aren't really odd though. Cap/Wanda, Widow/Hulk, Tony/Pietro, Thor/Hawkeye. Take them out of their comfort zone.
I think the mix ups should switch up in the movie. Our intros should be the predictable combos: IM/Cap as leadership rivals, Thor and Hulk as three way battle rivals, Widow and Hawkeye as bodycount rivals. Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver as villains, perhaps fighting Thor and Hulk early on. Falcon and Iron Patriot as deadpan snarking rivals backing up IM and Cap. This helps the tell their story and recap much better than anything else.

Then after things get heated up, Cap splits them up into the odd couples like Skywalker noted, though I don't think Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver will be on the team until the end of the film. I think Avengers mixed up the pairings well, I'd like to see more of that. Hawkeye and Hulk, Widow and Thor. We haven't seen those yet. Hulk has so many great moments with Cap, IM, Thor and Widow, you kinda have to handle that all at once in another 'Hulk is out of control scene' except this time let the anger be fully justified (What kind of friend makes Hulk Buster armor!?). To further twist the Cap/IM rivalry, have them switch sidekicks. Cap and Iron Patriot, Iron Man and Falcon. They'd find a lot more in common than they realized.

In the finale though, after the Avengers have been utterly decimated, I do want to see a big nod to "Cap's Kooky quartet": Wanda doing her instant win MacGuffin thing against Strucker with Cap, Hawkeye and Pietro protecting her ("Do it, Wanda. We make our stand here. Pietro, shred everything at long range, Clint, everything that gets past him put it down, and if anything gets to Wanda *picks up shield* let me handle it.") And Iron Man in the Mark L (a golden updated Mark I), doing his thing, freeing Vision and turning him to their side, while the SHIELD bunch: Widow, IP, Falcon, maybe the older Black Panther who dies, go up against Ultron for all the marbles. Thor finally shows up with Hulk "We would have words with thee." Jumpfest ensues. Ultron goes down.

Thanos shows up to collect Ultron's MacGuffin (maybe Wanda is an Infinity Gem?) and whoop tail, and then leave for some reason, putting a nice cliffhanger in place.

At least, that's how I'd do it.

Oh, and for the record, Ultron's AI would be made exclusively by Tony Stark. The decision to put it in an uber body and such... that might be more of a SHIELD thing.