View Single Post
Old 01-25-2014, 11:26 PM   #12
Default Re: Who should write Affleck's first solo Batman film?

They should but im sure it will never happen.

Actually, i shouldn't really say that "they should". Because that might either enhance a Batman movie, or it will suck the creativity out of a directors vision if they want to try something new. Even Paul Dini said that a literal adaptation of the source material would be pretty boring. I don't really think that's the case if the timing is right (like in the next decade would be the right time to get super close to the comics)..but i see his point. He said that's why he was excited when Nolan was first announced.

I dont really believe that Morrison, etc need to be consultants. A writer or director should just take inspiration from Grant when they do solo films in the 2020's. I imagine it won't be Affleck, it may not even be in that universe, but it could be cool.

Plus, a live-action film script/screenplay is totally different than something Dini would do in some animated show or spin-off movie. It's not the same thing at all.

"Guys, what would be your reaction if Alfred was Batgirl in this movie? You go watch the movie, everything cool, halfway through, Alfred becomes Batgirl."
shauner111 is offline   Reply With Quote