View Single Post
Old 01-28-2014, 08:02 AM   #44
j0ke5ta
Newbie First Class

Default Re: Anime: Why you love/hate it so much?

I enjoy anything with a good story anime/manga/movies my buddies got me hooked when I was about 15, went over and his brother had on Dragonball Z. At the time I was in the crowd of why are you watching cartoons are you still kids, not knowing the difference in Anime and regular US cartoons he looked at me and said man just give it a few episodes this is nothing like what your thinking of (take in the fact his brother was in college at the time and obsessed with anime).

I sat down watched enjoyed the story, got into the fights, and enjoyed the characters. Afterwards I went back watched the entire series and then I started going down searching for stuff to watch after that and since then have been a avid anime watcher/manga reader.

I think it boils down to your likes and dislikes when it comes to a shows though I don't hate anime at all outside of watching the big group (Bleach, Naruto, One Piece, HunterXHunter) I give generally every anime a chance. I am a sucker for a good storyline no matter the genre that has a good beginning, middle, and end. I hate anime if I start watching not knowing it was not picked up for a 2nd season and there is no end which happens a lot.

I just think given the medium they work in, compared to US Cartoons (which all less adult based stories if any stories at all and more based on kids 12 and under) and US live tv shows it a lot of these give the feel of a live tv show. With the way they have a story progress and the character development in some shows.

They have a lot more texture behind there characters, story, and then being it is a anime you can get away with more comedy, and action without breaking a budget like a live action show would give you because your not bound by those limitations of live actors and live settings with graphics.

j0ke5ta is offline   Reply With Quote