View Single Post
Old 01-29-2014, 09:06 PM   #307
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Default Re: James Spader is Ultron!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
That show is all about him. I was talking to my wife last night and saying how if he weren't in the show, I'd probably be board to death with it. The other characters are pretty blasť to be honest. Reddington is the freaking show.

Spader's stone cold unemotional performance as Redd is really what is the glue that holds these disjointed stories together. Without him, without that side of the series, this is just another run of the mill serialized crime drama.
That's exactly what Agents of SHIELD needs. The cast in that show is pretty bland. Even Coulson isn't enough to drive the show forward. The Blacklist is a bit like Shark in that James Woods also carried the show there, while the rest of the cast was quite run of the mill if not for him. Although I would say that Megan Boone and Harry Lennix are stronger characters than some of those in AOS.

AOS needs an equivalent of James Spader in their cast - even if that character is also a villain helping them out and having fun at their expense.