View Single Post
Old 02-01-2014, 09:33 AM   #38
CyclopsWasRight
Well, he was.

Default Re: DOFP vs other 2014 ComicsMovies Thread [Buzz, BoxOffice and more] - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarex View Post
The Empire magazine cover release was a neat bit of promotion, but I don't see how it expands the DOFP audience away from the hardcore X-Men fan base.
If releasing 25 magazine covers featuring every individual character thus advertising new and original characters as well as fan favourites to the masses isn't expanding the audience, I don't know what is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Maniac View Post
The next trailer needs

1) to sum up the story in a few key dialogue/action moments
2) to show quick clips of some kick-ass action
3) to show off a good selection of varied, appealing characters, not just Wolverine. I would hope some of the more interesting newcomers like Blink are featured.
Agreed. Though the first teaser did feature numerous characters

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymes_e06 View Post
Of course people watched his trailer. Everyone was aware the second movie would be coming out after the first. Cap Amer is a starter franchise and DOFP was something no one was looking for to begin with everyone knew there would be a sequel to TASM so I'm not surprised he got the most views.
The Winter Soldier is the second Captain America movie though, not a starter franchise. It's a continuation and like Spidey it was only a matter of time that there'd be a sequel for Cap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Goblin View Post
I'm hoping Cap 2 doesn't dumb anything down like the first one did.

Iron Man 3 and AOS haven't exactly restored my confidence, IMO they were big disappointments for me. I hope Cap 2 near the quality of Iron Man or The Avengers.
I loved the First Avenger but was disappointed with Iron Man 3 and Thor 2. That coupled with my dislike of Widow and SHIELD may make me wait for TWS to hit the home entertainment market, will see how reviews go.

(90%-100% = Excellent. 80%-90% = Great. 70%-80% = Very Good. 60%-70% = Good. 50%-60% = Okay.
40%-50% = Mediocre. 30%-40% = Poor. 20%-30% = Bad. 0%-20% = Awful)

Last edited by CyclopsWasRight; 02-01-2014 at 09:41 AM.