View Single Post
Old 02-01-2014, 09:57 AM   #44
shauner111
Side-Kick

Default Re: Should the new Batman movies go fantastical?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oswald View Post
Are you drunk? You really think an extraterrestrial exactly like a human but with superpowers which make him virtually indestructible simulates reality better than Batman? Where do you live, in Homer Simpson's Country of Lollipop?

And I agree with Shauner: the training of Bruce Wayne is a mix of real martial arts and other fight and camouflage technics, I don't understand why people insists it isn't realistic. Obviously he wouldn't last 40 years acting like Batman, but 4 or 5 (depending his luck) for sure.
Exactly. Nolan's movies had plenty of things that could never happen (heightened reality) but a 5 year plan was Nolan's intention. Which i think is pretty realistic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Endless View Post
Rubbish. There is no way that a human can be stronger than the best Olympic weightlifter, more agile than the best Olympic gymnast, have more stamina and endurance than the best Olympic long distance runner, as proficient in dozens of different martial arts styles, as intelligent as the greatest scientist and as brilliant as the greatest detective. It's just not physically or mentally possible.

Batman isn't realistic at all. Batman could not exist in the real world, even if he's as rich as Bill Gates, Mark Zuckerberg and Richard Branson combined.

Anywayyyy I'd like to see a more stylish take on Batman. I like the Nolan trilogy, I LOVE the first two films. But if you're going to reboot or re-imagine something, do it differently, don't try and imitate what came before. Whoever makes the next Batman films (my choice is Alfonso Cuaron) they need to bring their own style and sensibilities, just like what Burton and Nolan did.
Oh please! Even with those things you mention, it's still way more realistic. And not every comic, or interpretation/story has Batman being THAT strong. But you know what, i do think it is possible to be all of that. That's the point. Is there a person out there who has all of those skills at the same time? No, most likely not. But all of those things are possible if you look at them all individually. The fact that Bruce can do all of that (not in every medium) at once makes him a unique character compared to anyone else. But people can be a master detective, a master martial artist, etc. Batman has always been about heightened reality. Superman is pure fantasy. How does pure fantasy become more of a possibility than heightened reality?

shauner111 is offline   Reply With Quote