View Single Post
Old 02-02-2014, 05:59 PM   #89
PoSeiDon
Side-Kick

Default Re: DOFP vs other 2014 ComicsMovies Thread [Buzz, BoxOffice and more] - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moridin View Post
When The Wolverine makes the numbers it did (US $132,556,852 / Int $282,271,394 / WW $414,828,246 ), considering how little interest there was in that film vs the amount of interest there is in DOFP, I can't see DOFP (if it's even just good) just making $35m-$85m more.

Just the novelty of the two casts, time travel, and what's sure to include some spectacular superhuman action against big robots I think around $600m (US$200m and OS$400m), give or take, is the baseline. How good the film is will dictate how far past that mark it'll go.

Like I said, there's way more interest in DOFP right now than there was in TW this time last year.
That may be true. But nothing suggest otherwise that it will break the 500 mil ceiling or whatever the ceiling is over the franchise. If it does that will be great but if it doesn't and its still a great movie then it won't matter to me. I'm still going to see it if it is below expectations or exceeds expectations.

I made a prediction and I'm sticking with it. So if it blast my expectations away I will be happy. I'm not going to predict some astronomical and it doesn't hit it, only to come back here with the sad face smiley and blame Fox and Singer for everything wrong.

Last edited by PoSeiDon; 02-02-2014 at 06:02 PM.