View Single Post
Old 02-03-2014, 01:09 PM   #527
Havok83
Side-Kick

Default Re: Official PlayStation Vita Thread - Part 1

Theres a UK review up on Cnet. Here's what they had to say about the display for this still hating on it

Quote:
Display
The Vita Slim retains the 5-inch screen, but Sony has swapped the old Vita's OLED panel, in favour of an LCD one. Initially that raised alarm bells, as OLED panels typically provide stunningly rich colours. Hearing that it had been removed didn't sound like good news.

My fears were quickly allayed however, as the new LCD panel is actually rather good. It doesn't have quite the same deep saturation as its OLED cousin, but I found it to have a slightly warmer, more natural colour tone. I certainly won't say the new Vita's screen looks better -- but it's no worse, just different. The colour tone on the new panel is different, sure, but I had to look at test images and settings menus on both screens at once to tell the difference. When you're in the middle of a game, I almost guarantee you won't find the new Vita's screen lacking in any way.

Both screens share the same 960x544-pixel resolution, which is sufficient to make small text in games or when browsing the Web look sharp and clearly readable. Whacking in a Full HD display of the kind you'd get on Sony's recent Xperia Z1 smart phone might make things look more crisp, but it would also be much more demanding of both the processor and the battery. As it stands, the screen is more than adequate, and is a good compromise for overall performance.
http://reviews.cnet.com/consoles/son...-35827488.html

Havok83 is offline   Reply With Quote