View Single Post
Old 02-09-2014, 10:01 AM   #46
Spider-Fan
We Are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

Default Re: Is Thor "Too Difficult" A Character To Do Well?

Honestly, Thor isn't the most difficult. Thor presents certain problems, but so does Captain America, Hulk, and so on. I think Marvel is doing a good job with him, and I expect Thor 3 to be Thor's definitive film when all is said and done (I think it has a better set-up than even TDW had).

In my opinion, the hardest characters are guys like Spawn. Spawn is a character that requires a high budget to his power level and many of the villains he fights. But at same time, you also need to get the TONE right. This is where Spawn's 90s movie failed miserably (that and CGI was a fairly new science back then and the effects look bad). When you have to invest a lot of $$$ into a character, studios want broader appeal because they need to make more money. This is why guys like Spawn, who are generally gritty, dark, violent, etc. end up being toned down. They have to make him more kid-friendly. At least, that is the belief. Many R-rated superheroes can be done on smaller budgets. Guys as powerful as Spawn need REAL money to do properly. I think that is more of a challenge from a filmmaking stand-point than a guy like Thor. Thor can have broader appeal more easily.

Spider-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote