View Single Post
Old 02-10-2014, 07:52 PM   #116
Batmannerism
Side-Kick

Default Re: Man of Steel vs Thor TDW, seen 'em both, what do you folks think ? Compare/contra

I liked Asgard, but found the big pipe organ and the general look a bit cartoonish.
Especially the waterfall that falls out into space.

Krypton is supposed to be, and looks like, a dying world. Even the sun is old and tired.
Personally, I though Krypton was a lot more convincing as an alien landscape than
Asgard. But hey, it's a home for god-like beings, so fair enough.

If you watch the Krypton sequences frame by frame, an incredible level of detail is evident in the design. This is probably because Weta had a hand in it, and take an extraodinary amount of time on the most minute details
(e.g. I was an extra in the Hobbit, I'm visible for 7 seconds in the background of one post-battle scene in the first film, yet the leather straps that held my gauntlets on had detailing on them - now no DVD/Blu ray or even the hubble telescope would have picked up that level of detail, but they still put it in anyway)

As such, IMO Krypton is more convincing as an alien landscape. While I thought that dark elf technology was very cool, I preferred the tactile technology of the Kryptonians, but that's just my personal preference.

Batmannerism is offline   Reply With Quote