View Single Post
Old 02-12-2014, 08:24 PM   #302
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Default Re: DOFP vs other 2014 ComicsMovies Thread [Buzz, BoxOffice and more] - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by RikePirado View Post
New article about the X-Men movie universe:

http://www.denofgeek.com/movies/x-me...movie-universe
I don't mean to sound a party pooper, but that's a rather long and rambling piece that any one of us fans on here could have come up with too. It doesn't have anything new or insightful to say, it doesn't even have a point or develop an argument for or against anything. In fact it doesn't even back up its own headline by saying how this shared universe is being built.

It feels pretty obvious to me how the X-Men and F4 could be tied together. Reports on the vague plot of the F4 reboot suggest that the F4 are being reimagined as a sort of Weapon X - the government's attempt to create its own artificial mutants. Maybe this is something put into motion after the Sentinels are destroyed/terminated. Rather than trying to destroy/stop evolution (with the Sentinels) mankind embraces the idea and tries to manipulate the process to its own advantage.

If so, that would likely mean the F4 being set in the 80s. It's a bit of a departure from the classic origin of the F4 but then again, what's the point of just repeating/remaking what we saw in the earlier films? Although they aren't held in high regard, people remember Jessica Alba, Chris Evans, and the others in those movies.