View Single Post
Old 02-12-2014, 10:36 PM   #106
OcStat
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Official Batman Returns Thread - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradenPickering View Post
Really? I beat the Genesis version a million times, but couldn't beat the SNES version without the Game Genie!
Yeah don't know what it was. I think I recall getting shipped during the circus-esque level that leads to the Penguin leaving me with less lives for the last fight, or something.

I never had a SNES but I remember my neighbour had Batman Returns for a bit, much better graphics and I seem to recall it being a Beat-Em-Up where the enemies had life bars, like Maximum Carnage. Couldn't say for sure the difficulty really compares to the Genesis one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Joker View Post
Kane will love this; the first game I ever bought for my PS1 was Batman and Robin It was really hard, and the controls could be annoying, but I did enjoy playing it. I managed to finish it with some effort. The game was quite long. Set over the course of three days where you have to make it to different locations of Gotham at specific times, like to the museum to stop Mr. Freeze stealing the diamond, or to Police HQ to stop Ivy and Bane trashing the batsignal, before the crooks pull off their crime and get away.
I enjoyed that game a lot despite it being very frustrating, when it first came out and I was in...4th or 5th grade. It was almost ahead of its time...it seems they wanted to do more than the PlayStation was built to handle. 2 characters, almost a free roam Gotham, that was quite large if I remember right, fully rendered Bat cave. It at least was trying.

Anyone play Batman Begins for PS2? That was the Batman game to beat up until Rocksteady came along. They even borrowed the enemy heart rate/ fear mechanic, using stealth to take down the enemies one by one and making their team mates more and more frightened, brilliant.

Anyway, lately I've been wanting to watch Batman Returns.

OcStat is offline   Reply With Quote