View Single Post
Old 02-14-2014, 12:25 AM   #209
Rorschach2012
$

Default Re: Robin or no Robin?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shauner111 View Post
Im really not a fan of the Teen-Titans concept or giving Batman sidekicks (plural). A bat-family just won't work IMO. Dick, and then maybe referencing Jason's death is enough. Even just Dick growing up to be Nightwing.

I dont think we're getting more than 1 or 2 solo movies with Affleck in the cowl anyway. Probably one. So if they do prequels it'll be a different actor, and i dont think WB would do that for another 8 to 10 years.

Best thing to do, show Grayson in a scene in Batman vs Superman. Maybe the end of Justice League as well, when Bruce returns to the cave after the big mission. He gets rid of the drones, reconciles with Dick, and wants to be Batman in Gotham City again. Puts that old classic suit back on for the solo film. Keeps the high tech suit for the League outings.

Show Grayson helping out Batman, as Nightwing. But do some flashbacks to when Bats was in his prime fighting with Robin. Quickly show the origin flashback with Zucco, the circus, skip to when Dick is like 13 or 14 as Robin.
The way they handled Grayson's origin on BTAS was pretty much perfect. TBH Grayson's origin wasn't even handled badly in Batman Forever either

I can take or leave the Bat family. I mostly just want Dick Grayson. Either as Robin or Nightwing.

I gotta say though I am a fan of the Teen Titans concept. The way they explained the team on Young Justice made sense. They're basically a covert team used by the League to handle smaller scale missions. The main line up on Young Justice was pretty sweet too.

There's apparently a Young Justice live action tv series in the works. my line up would be Robin, Superboy, Cyborg, Kid Flash, Raven, and (Starfire or Cassie Sandsmark)

Colton Haynes' Roy Harper could show up from time to time similarly to the way he did on Young Justice.

But if it's on the cw, we've got to keep the budget in mind.. Nightwing and Arsenal/Speedy are probably locks then. I have no idea what characters they would use... most characters powers would be too expensive probably.

Rorschach2012 is offline   Reply With Quote