View Single Post
Old 02-14-2014, 11:00 AM   #212
shauner111
Side-Kick

Default Re: Robin or no Robin?

I think Robin, as a 10 year old or 13 year old boy just doesn't work in a live-action movie without it coming off like some comedic Kick-Ass kind of thing. Which only works because they fuse humor with crazy violence for Hit-Girl. You can't do that kind of violence in a batman movie, so all your left with it is goofy ****. The origin can be done, but it would have to be in flashbacks or just one film dedicated to a 10 year old Grayson becoming Robin, then the next film is several years later where he's about to be Nightwing.

This is why Batgirl, etc doesn't work either.

A 10 year old fighting crime is just a ridiculous concept anyway, no matter how you spin it. It works in the comics and animation but that's about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rorschach2012 View Post
If we only get one movie, the most satisfying story to me would be basically a loose adaptation of the Arkham Asylum game. If we only get one movie to set up a whole new Batman universe, I think Joker should feature...along with a host of Batman's other most popular villains. Arkham Asylum introduced multiple villains in a way that didn't really crowd the story. It made sense. Joker takes over Arkham and unleashes Batman's worst enemies. Maybe add some footage at the beginning of the movie establishing Batman's life outside Arkham, but other than that, it's a pretty good model for a solo Batfleck movie. Imagine horror influenced scenes with Killer Croc and Scarecrow.

I really want Robin or Nightwing to feature in the next solo Batman movie though...
How would you guys feel about a movie loosely based around Arkham Asylum + Robin?
Id love it.

I was thinking of the same thing myself. Having Robin (Nightwing would fit better) injected into the Arkham story. Maybe he comes back to Gotham and he's the one who aids Batman in the final act.

You can have a world where Batman has met every single one of his rogues. Riddler, Two-Face, Joker, Scarecrow, Mad Hatter, Croc, they're all in Arkham. Penguin and Catwoman get referenced or have cameos, on the outside.

shauner111 is offline   Reply With Quote