View Single Post
Old 02-14-2014, 10:02 PM   #69
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Default Re: Captain America 2: News and Speculation - Part 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePowerCosmic View Post
Agent 13
Agent 13 is a young, attractive S.H.I.E.L.D agent with skills in martial arts and weapons whose mission is to guard Steve Rogers and not let him know it. She is guided by a strong moral compass and is not afraid to speak out when her ethics are challenged.
It'd be cool as hell if the orders to guard Steve and not let him know about it came from Peggy herself.

Quote:
For the scenes in the film that took place on the ship Lumerian Star, the filmmakers used the Sea Launch Commander, docked in Long Beach, Calif. Although there were space challenges involved to choreograph complex fight sequences in the tight spaces of a real ship, the filmmakers were happy to be able to further ground the film in reality by using an existing vessel.
I'm wondering if that's a typo, and the ship is supposed to be called 'Lemurian Star.' Hell of an easter egg, if so: the Lemurians in Marvel Comics are a branch of Atlanteans who are most noted for creating the Serpent Crown. I was talking about the Serpent Crown just the other day in the AOS thread as a possible means for "The Clairvoyant" to have such extensive telepathy and other mind-control powers.

If the 'Lemurian Star' is supposed to be a Roxxon Oil freighter as well....

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014