View Single Post
Old 02-14-2014, 11:58 PM   #75
BullMcGiveny
Probably Disagree

Default Re: Captain America 2: News and Speculation - Part 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzanne78 View Post
Ditto with Sharon. She may have a small part in the movie, but at least from the facts we do know that she's
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
protecting and guarding him; I have a feeling it's for Peggy.
I like it, in that it's a call back to her double agent nature.
[spoiler]Given it is Captain America, I don't think her protecting him will amount to much.[/quote]

Quote:
It's different from the comics, but intriguing. And it doesn't sound like the story suffers from it at all, at least going by what people on here are saying, the ones who attended screenings already.
Kind of like the MCU doesn't suffer from the lack of Black Panther and Captain Marvel and the Wasp, but people still would like to see them.

Quote:
Or, maybe, just maybe they will use her more in Cap 3
The operative word is maybe.

Given how this movie returns Bucky, introduces Sam and places Natasha as Steve's closest friend, that grants four "lead" characters in an ostensibly solo movie. I'm not even going to talk about new villains.

And when you consider that Cap3 could very well be the last Cap solo, as it is along with Avengers 3 the last movies Evans is contracted for, and comic book franchises have usually not gone beyond a third installment, it would stand to reason they'd focus on wrapping up with what they had instead of developing newcomers. Might just hook Steve up with Natasha, or plain not give him a new romance and just let him wallow in celibacy.

So how much room will there for Sharon's role to grow, really? They're not going to reduce the role of established characters for the sake of cameo girl from the last movie.

Them using her more in Cap 3 probably means she gets ten minutes of screentime instead of six.