View Single Post
Old 02-14-2014, 11:13 PM   #80
Suzanne78
I AM GROOT!

Default Re: Captain America 2: News and Speculation - Part 14

Quote:
Kind of like the MCU doesn't suffer from the lack of Black Panther and Captain Marvel and the Wasp, but people still would like to see them.
This is getting very close to arguing semantics, but Panther and Captain Marvel and Wasp's positions in the Marvel Universe are far closer to the top tier of superheroes than Sharon. They have their own unique origin stories, they're considered main/lead/co-lead characters in the comics, and they've each led the Avengers or Avenger teams if I'm not mistaken, and have had their own books… at least Panther and Capt. Marvel have.

Sharon's always been a supporting player. So that comparison doesn't work for me really.

Quote:
Exactly how am I being reductive to Peggy?

Her relationship with Steve was mostly professional. They had strong feelings for one another, one they had the intention to pursue when the war is over and they weren't bound by anti-fraternization regs, but they were never in an actual romantic relationship.

And while Steve was gone, Peggy had A) moved on and B) gotten married, at least once.

So the healthy thing for Steve would be to move on.

And given that two years have passed for Steve, that's surely enough time.
We keep coming back to this same argument, but basically, Steve's past vs. Steve's present is the story that they're telling, Steve's need to let go of the past while also confronting it head on. Peggy is an important part of that story, and they're showing it, i.e. Steve's moving on, onscreen for us. At least that's what I'm guessing.

But like I keep saying, we won't know until we see it for ourselves. It's all spec at this point and assumptions.