View Single Post
Old 02-15-2014, 12:22 AM   #82
BullMcGiveny
Probably Disagree

Default Re: Captain America 2: News and Speculation - Part 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson King View Post
I disagree with the bolded part. I think they were very much on the road to a relationship but were cut short just after it started.
On the road to. Not in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzanne78 View Post
This is getting very close to arguing semantics, but Panther and Captain Marvel and Wasp's positions in the Marvel Universe are far closer to the top tier of superheroes than Sharon. They have their own unique origin stories, they're considered main/lead/co-lead characters in the comics, and they've each led the Avengers or Avenger teams if I'm not mistaken, and have had their own books… at least Panther and Capt. Marvel have.

Sharon's always been a supporting player. So that comparison doesn't work for me really.
The point stands. Just because the lack of something doesn't hurt a movie, doesn't mean we can't want to see them and lament their lack of involvement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson King View Post
We keep coming back to this same argument, but basically, Steve's past vs. Steve's present is the story that they're telling, Steve's need to let go of the past while also confronting it head on. Peggy is an important part of that story, and they're showing it, i.e. Steve's moving on, onscreen for us. At least that's what I'm guessing.

But like I keep saying, we won't know until we see it for ourselves. It's all spec at this point and assumptions.
I'm fairly positive that there has to be better ways to show Steve's past vs. Steve's present than showing Steve still pining after Peggy, even though it has been two years, and she's now married and over him.