View Single Post
Old 02-15-2014, 12:46 AM   #85
Suzanne78
I AM GROOT!

Default Re: Captain America 2: News and Speculation - Part 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullMcGiveny View Post
Except she's in the movie. No one is reducing her to nothing.

Her scene could be set in the period right after the Avengers, when Steve has decided to reunite.

They could tie up loose ends, share some thoughts, have closure, and move on.

It wouldn't be nothing, and it'd resonate with the audience without having to be a persistent plot tumor where Steve is wistfully looking at her picture every five minutes, which frankly sounds like what you want to see.

With as limited time as they have, dwelling on what could have been in the name of emotional connectivity when you've already got Steve's childhood friend now becoming his enemy seems frankly inefficient.

You say you want Sharon developed on her own, but you're fine with her not getting much screentime to do so.

You say you want Sharon developed on her own, but think she's guarding Steve on Peggy's orders, which reinforces her being perceived as Peggy's niece rather than show her in her own identity as an agent of SHIELD.

I just don't get you.
Dude, you don't have to *get* me. And this feels like it's getting far testier and more argumentative than I intended.

I've laid out my case about Sharon Carter in this thread and in the Agent 13 thread.

Sharon's not as important a character to me as she is to you, I get that and I'm not going to apologize for that. However, I'm willing to give MCU Sharon a chance , regardless of her screentime, because I have not seen the movie yet!

I'm just speculating about her connections and how they're going to be used in the movie.
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
She's going to be "connected" to Peggy, but the audience won't necessarily know that until the end…
In the meantime, whatever screen time she does have, maybe they are able to give her some personality and spark that, quite frankly, I feel is missing in the Brubaker comics. I already see something more with her personality in that two second clip from the UK trailer, to be honest, feisty and all.

I *want* to see Steve's emotional arc get just closure in this movie in regards to Peggy, and I want that to happen before bringing in Sharon Carter, because, yeah… otherwise it might feel like he's settling and replacing Peggy for the younger version.

If EVC's screentime amounts to basically what Natasha's was in IM2, then it might work out for *me* regardless.

But frustrating yourself and setting yourself up for disappointment about Sharon in this movie seems like a fruitless endeavor until you've actually seen the movie and how she's portrayed and written and brought into Steve's story. Period.

And now I'm really out.

Last edited by Suzanne78; 02-15-2014 at 12:50 AM.