View Single Post
Old 02-16-2014, 11:55 AM   #174
jaymes_e06
TRINITY

Default Re: X-Men 3...seriously fans/people--WHY all the hate?

Quote:
Originally Posted by henzINNIT View Post
...nah. I agree on principal I suppose, but TLS failed in execution. These grand themes you've pointed to were passing glances in a film that mostly squandered every opportunity of an interesting conflict.
Agreed.
Quote:
Storm, for instance, is as anti-cure as anyone when she hears about the notion, but she immediately forgets about it after her one token "reaction" scene. Seriously, does she even mention it again after that?
They could/should have had her have a school assembly and explain to them her position and someone like Beast and Rogue's positions who are or at one time would be for it. She could have had a moving moment where she said something like "It is sad that we live in a world that thinks we are a disease that needs cured."

Quote:
Other characters are used purely as avatars for different view-points, with little characterisation outside of that. Angel gets a great introduction only to be ignored throughout. We don't know anything about him, the only weight in his refusal is the audience's inferred opinion that he shouldn't. This is in stark contrast to poor Rogue, forced to represent the other option despite a troubling love-triangle plot that blurs her life changing decision.
Yes I found this praticualarly annoying. And besides them did anyone else ever say anything about the cure other than the ones who where "supposed too" Jean doesn't talk about the cure at all (except in a deleted scene using it against Magneto). You would think more mutants would have a stance and stick too it the entire film. Instead everything feels stagnant and underdeveloped.

Quote:
X2 may be on a smaller scale, but it bears far more weight regardless. Styker is better developed than any human character in TLS. Hell, Bobby's family leaves more impact too.
Awesome post man! I agree with everything you said.

:o

Last edited by jaymes_e06; 02-16-2014 at 12:01 PM.
jaymes_e06 is offline   Reply With Quote