Re: Ten Batman Questions
1) What's Your Earliest Memory of Batman?
The Adam West show. I remember Burgess Meredith's Penguin having Batman and Robin strung up behind a shooting gallery in an amusement park, and Gordon and O'Hara were about to unknowingly shoot them.
2) What's Your Favourite Batman comics story?
The Killing Joke
3) Which Batman film is your favourite?
The Dark Knight
4) Why is that film your favourite?
It's the most well balanced, emotionally hard hitting, well acted movie that stays true to the spirit of the comics. I love that it's all about the consequences of Batman on Gotham. It asks hard hitting questions about how much good could a vigilante like Batman do on a city. Bale was awesome and underrated. Heath Ledger's Joker is the greatest comic book movie villain of all time. Bar none. Cinematic legend. Harvey Dent's story was powerful and tragic. Oldman gave his best Gordon performance.
5) Who is Your Batman? (live action or animated)
Live action: Christian Bale
Animated: Kevin Conroy
6) Which of Batman's villains is your favourite?
The Joker. He is the perfect ying to Batman's yang. Black vs white. Order vs chaos. I like that he's a mystery. No definitive back story. He's an absolute of anarchy and evil.
7) What's been the biggest disappointment as a Batman fan?
The Dark Knight Rises. So much wasted potential. Not a bad movie by any stretch of the imagination though. Just not up to Nolan's great standard that he set with the previous two movies.
8) Are you happy about the casting of Ben Affleck in Superman vs Batman?
As happy as I can be without having seen anything yet. He's a good actor, looks the part, and I am giving him every chance to prove himself.
9) Which actor past or present would you have wanted to play Batman?
Alec Baldwin. After seeing him in The Shadow I think he would have been an awesome Batman.
10) What storyline and villains would you want in the next solo Batman film?
The Penguin. He's one of my favorites. Bags of potential for him. Not sure what story I'd want to see.
"Sometimes I remember it one way. Sometimes another. If I'm going to have a past, I prefer it to be multiple choice!"
- The Joker