View Single Post
Old 02-17-2014, 08:50 PM   #35
Human Torch
I Yam What I Yam

Default Re: Ten Batman Questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by BH/HHH View Post
1) What's Your Earliest Memory of Batman?
Watching the Adam West show re-runs.Loved it then and now.Great version of the Silver Age that should never be forgotten.
Quote:
[B]
2) What's Your Favourite Batman comics story?
B:TAS had a companion comic and Paul Dini wrote many many great sequels to series episodes.My favorite is Batman & Robin Adventures issues 1&2.The story has Joker taunting Two-face into thinking Bruce and Grace (his girlfriend) are two timing him,undoing all the progress he was making and sending him out in a rage. Harvey's actions ruin his relationship with Grace irrevocably.(presumably,that's why she never showed up in series again) Joker spends the whole episode in his cell.When asked by Batman why he was prompted to set Two-Face off over a lie,he responds "It was Tuesday."
Quote:
[B]
3) Which Batman film is your favourite?
Batman Begins.Batman Mask of the Phantasm is probably a close second,but I always think of it as part of the series and not "a film".
Quote:
[B]
4) Why is that film your favourite?
It was everything the earlier films were not.It told the origin in grand epic fashion,much the same as STM did.It left with the promise of greater times ahead as well.(whether or not that was achieved,is up to to you) I don't think the origin will ever been done again as well.
Quote:
[B]
5) Who is Your Batman? (live action or animated)
Conroy.BTAS is the best incarnation of Bats hands down.
Live action?I always have trouble picking just one since each has their merits.Adam West will always be Batman to me.Bale was probably the best all around representation of the character.Keaton was always a favorite of mine,he made those first two movies enjoyable.
Quote:
[B]
6) Which of Batman's villains is your favourite?
Gorshin's Riddler and Hamill's Joker
Quote:
[B]
7) What's been the biggest disappointment as a Batman fan?
The disregard for the Bat-family in live action.It's a big part of the mythos and is constantly pushed out of live action.Batman isn't nearly as interesting without Robin,Nightwing,Batgirl,etc.If we get another film with just him and Alfred,so help me!Give Alfred a rest!There are other people for Bruce to talk to!
I want Batgirl,not Oracle!
And by all means,bring more humor to the Joker in the future movies!
Quote:
[B]
8) Are you happy about the casting of Ben Affleck in Superman vs Batman?
Well,I liked him in Daredevil,so I think he'll do alright.

Quote:
[B]
9) Which actor past or present would you have wanted to play Batman?
I don't have anybody in mind.People have mentioned Richard Armitage,and I'd be down with that.I think he's a very underrated actor.I hate the idea of Alec Baldwin as Batman though.Never liked the guy.(Well,I can take him better now that he's old and fat and pokes fun at himself a la William Shatner )

Quote:
[B]
10) What storyline and villains would you want in the next solo Batman film?
I'd like to see Robin's origin.(Dick Grayson in the circus.)Joker and Harley (finally) in live action.Maybe Two Face set up for the sequel with Penguin involved.Third with Mr Freeze.