View Single Post
Old 02-17-2014, 11:51 PM   #37
Doc Ock
1951-2014

Default Re: Ten Batman Questions

Hey BH, I love these question threads! Thanks!

1) What's Your Earliest Memory of Batman?

I don't think I own it anymore, but I was given this book when I was little and I remember reading it all the time. Not much long after I discovered this was a cartoon on Fox Kids...

2) What's Your Favourite Batman comics story?

The Long Halloween, I read it so much in high school. I need to buy it myself its been over five years since I read it.

3) Which Batman film is your favourite?

Batman: Mask of the Phantasm (If you want live action then Batman Returns)

4) Why is that film your favourite?

Yeah I cheated but it was in theaters! The VHS was given to me as a gift and for the longest time in my childhood it was my most vivid memory of Batman alongside Batman Forever and later Returns on VHS (I didn't see the original 89 Batman until..2009....). The story is fantastic, it has alot of great moments with Bruce and one of the visually coolest Batman villains ever. My young mind would always be blown watching it, alot of my love for the film is probably based on childhood nostalgia.

5) Who is Your Batman? (live action or animated)

Kevin Conroy, I didn't discover Michael Keaton until afterwards.

6) Which of Batman's villains is your favourite?

Mr. Freeze, large due to Batman:The Animated Series. His tragic backstory is fantastic and plus he looks freaking sweet. I was pleased when Arkham City presented him as one of the best boss battles I've ever done.

7) What's been the biggest disappointment as a Batman fan?

TDK and TDKR, while I think they are good films I don't think they are very good Batman films. After the fantastic Batman Begins I was disappointed to go to the mostly realistic world presented in its sequels devoid of alot of the fantasy that largely was the reason I came to love the world of Batman in the first place. I think some of that disappointment has translated into Man of Steel as well unfortunately. I know its a controversial opinion so I usually avoid mentioning my opinions...but its hard when I'm the oddball surrounding by friends and family who view the TDK trilogy and Christopher Nolan as the best thing since sliced bread. I just don't share those views and don't like this gritty realism trend WB seems to want follow for DC films, its not what I want.

I will say this though, I loved TDKR's version of Bane...minus certain aspects of his story.

8) Are you happy about the casting of Ben Affleck in Superman vs Batman?

I'm very intrigued by it, and certainly am eager to see him as Batman. I think its great casting. I think the beard could look good too....maybe...I better get a grey suit though!

9) Which actor past or present would you have wanted to play Batman?

Karl Urban, I've always liked him as an actor but Dredd really intensified my desire to see him as Bats. A live-action Kevin Conroy would of been cool too.

10) What storyline and villains would you want in the next solo Batman film?

I'd like to see Mr. Freeze done great somehow. I have this crazy idea of somehow incorporating it with Year One...my favorite Batman stories usually involve snow....

A immortal Ra's Al Ghul is something I've always wanted...really just some supernatural/fantasy put up against Batman would be great.

The Court of Owls would be a sweet! Especially if several solo films built up to it.

Last edited by Doc Ock; 02-18-2014 at 02:34 PM.
Doc Ock is offline   Reply With Quote