View Single Post
Old 02-19-2014, 02:44 PM   #43
Pfeiffer-Pfan
Meow.

Default Re: Ten Batman Questions

Let me start off by saying that I'm a BIG Batman fan... and I mean any Batman from any era. I never followed Star Wars/Trek as a kid, never liked Tolkien's LOTR and never had any desire to delve too deeply into another comic characters history.

But Batman? Man, there was just something about that whole world that I wanted to immerse myself in. 23 years old and I'm still as engrossed and passionate about it as I was when I was 5 (My dedication to monthly comics may be waning however). Therefore, these questions will be tricky to answer:

1) What's Your Earliest Memory of Batman?

Growing up in the 90's this is a bit of a blur. It's one big mixture between the Adam West series on reruns, the Tim Burton films on VHS, the Schumacher films in the cinema and of course Batman: The Animated Series.

What truly made me a fan? Tim Burton and Batman: The Animated Series.

2) What's Your Favourite Batman comics story?

I dont think I have an out and out favourite. Anything by Denny O Neil or Paul Dini is always worth a read.

3) Which Batman film is your favourite?

THIS is a tough one. Oooh

It's between Batman '89, Batman Returns and Batman: Mask of the Phantasm.

4) Why is that film your favourite?

There are too many varied reasons to answer that question succinctly.

5) Who is Your Batman? (live action or animated)

Michael Keaton (Live Action - Christian Bale a VERY close second)

Kevin Conroy (Animated)

6) Which of Batman's villains is your favourite?

The Joker as long as he isn't overused in one particular medium. I also enjoy a good Ra's Al Ghul story. (That's Raish, Mr Nolan.)

7) What's been the biggest disappointment as a Batman fan?

I don't think I have any major disappointments as a Batman fan. Yes, The Dark Knight Rises wasn't everything it could've been but I still like it.

You know what disappoints me?

That we didn't get more Burton/Keaton action. Even one more movie so they could call it a trilogy.

8) Are you happy about the casting of Ben Affleck in Superman vs Batman?

I don't about things like this... whether he's right or wrong for the part, the Batman character and mythology will always endure.

These things are like peaks and valleys. Let's just see where Ben resides.

BUT, I do like him. He seems like a great guy, at a good stage in his career and is genuinely passionate about it. I'm actually rooting for him and hopes he knocks it out of the park.

9) Which actor past or present would you have wanted to play Batman?

Kurt Russell?

10) What storyline and villains would you want in the next solo Batman film?

Let's get more fantastical again... It's time the pendulum swings back in the direction of Burton.

Imagine an Affleck-starring Batman movie, directed by Alfonso Cuaron where he has to face Man-Bat, Hugo Strange & The Monster Men. Pf course, Batman's love interest can be Julie Madison in a 1950's tinged Gotham.

The Batman: A Psychological Horror-Thriller.

I'll miss you dad! xx

Pfeiffer-Pfan is offline   Reply With Quote