View Single Post
Old 02-23-2014, 03:59 AM   #953
def28
Side-Kick

Default Re: Deadpool Spin-off Confirmed - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskey Tango View Post
Not much faith left in this after seeing how they're half-assing the Fantastic Four. I hope I'm wrong but at this point I'm just expecting more watered-down, DINO crap.
Do you know what Fox is spending on the new F4 by any chance?

This is the first time I've heard Donner mention PG-13 like it's an option or something. Keeping the same 50m budget as the R version makes this thing even more sketchy. The whole reason it's low budget is to get away with that rating. Which has been said many times to be the issue the studio has with the film.

The Wolverine was over double Deadpool's $50m budget, so I don't know why she's acting like this is the same standalone ordeal. TW's $120 million budget is closer to ensemble mutant films like X2 and First Class. Even Elektra would cost more then $50 million these days. If they can't even scrape that to make the R rated Deadpool film work, or throw in a bit more to make a visually entertaining PG-13 (sell out) version, then that's pretty friggen lame. There's at least 3 complicated fight scenes in the script that would greatly benefit from a higher budget for effects.

Last edited by def28; 02-23-2014 at 05:04 AM.