View Single Post
Old 02-23-2014, 06:34 PM   #42
Doppelganger
Side-Kick

Default Re: Too much action?

Quote:
Originally Posted by blumatic View Post
I watch MOS many times. I don't find the action so unbearable. Two guys fighting is more devastating than what happen in the Avengers.

My goodness the city in Avengers was full with people. People all over the place. But MOS clearly has less people in sight yet it was viewed as a more devastating movie.

It's a total short sighted point of view. MOS had two fight scenes with Superman.

Avengers had so many fight scenes. I venture to say way more action than MOS.
MOS is seen as more devastating because you don't actually see people die in the Avengers. And you only see like one building that collapses and you really need to catch that because its way in the background and the movie cuts away. Avengers is a completly family friendly affair.
You actually see people dying and their remains in a lot of the cut fotage. I think that was a very deliberate decision to exclude these scenes.

MOS on the other hand has so many deaths that are visible even if the people dying are just shapes. Buildings that collapse are all over the screen implying more deaths especially when that scene with the ash cloud comes around it looks and feels way to much like 9/11. I found it rather uncomfortable to be reminded of that day.

Action wise: you have such long scenes of repetitive punching which accomplishes nothing and you know it doesn't. Which just makes it more annoying to watch the punching.
I would have liked less punching and more triumph.

Doppelganger is offline   Reply With Quote