View Single Post
Old 02-25-2014, 08:17 AM   #21
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

Default Re: Captain America 2: News and Speculation - - Part 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSkywalker View Post
That Taylor had disputes over what was and wasn't cut, the comedy and composer, I'd say they were hands on. That is the very definition of hands-on.

With TDW it isn't that they didn't find the right guy to direct. It is that we will never know, because Marvel wouldn't stop touching. The script situation is the biggest red flag you can have. It was the "Marvel" vision, not Taylor's.

Now I am not saying they don't have the right to do that, and in some cases such things help a production. But that isn't hands off.
I have said it before and I will say it again, why even hire the GoT guy if you arent going to let him do his thing?

Just doesnt make sense to me, and the movie was the poorer for it.

1)X-Men: Days Of Future Past-10(2)Captain America: The Winter Soldier-9(3)Edge Of Tomorrow-9(4)How To Train Your Dragon 2-9(5)The Wolf Of Wall Street-8.5(6)Godzilla-8(7)Neighbours-8(8)The Amazing Spider-Man 2-7.5(9)The Lego Movie-7.5(10)Transformers: Age Of Extinction-7.5(11)Robocop-7.5(12)300:Rise Of An Empire-7(13)A Million Ways To Die In The West-7(14)47 Ronin-6(15)The Monuments Men-5(16)Ride Along-5(17)I, Frankenstein-3