View Single Post
Old 02-25-2014, 08:38 AM   #37
DarthSkywalker
Side-Kick

Default Re: Captain America 2: News and Speculation - - Part 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson King View Post
Actually, Taylor was the one that retrofitted a lot of the scenes with humor. He thought they needed them to match the Marvel template. Not a good call, to say the least.
I have a hard time believing that the Darcy stuff in the final act was his idea, and his idea alone. He has mentioned a tug-o-war on the subject of humor. Considering how he carried tone with his previous work, it makes no sense. I can see him and the crew improvising stuff like Thor not knowing where to put his hammer or the general tone of the opening battle, as it fits. The Darcy stuff is completely detached.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeKay View Post
I'm watching the film now, Thor says to Odin he'll take Jane to TDW and have Malekith pull the aether from Jane and he'll destroy it. I'm pretty sure he just wasn't thinking about Jane all the time, otherwise we wouldn't have had that confrontation with Malekith at the end. But I agree with you, I would have liked to see more of Thor and Frigga, they actually cut out a scene where the two of them are conversing after she was talking to Loki in prison.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Last bit of discussion on the topic. What is safer for the universe, to let the once in many thousand years event pass without putting the Aether in Malekith's hands, or taking the Aether to him right before he might need it?

You sit Jane in the throne room surrounded by Odin and Thor, who know the Dark Elves are coming, and they aren't getting the Aether. No fear of darkness.

Thor's brilliant play placed the universe in danger on two levels. He gave Malekith the Aether and he released Loki back into the wild. Fool.

Last edited by DarthSkywalker; 02-25-2014 at 08:42 AM.