View Single Post
Old 02-27-2014, 08:35 PM   #66
bluearth
Side-Kick

Default Re: Too much action?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Endless View Post

There is just certain things i think the film makers could have done differently in the final battle to show a bit more tension because up until the very final moment of the fight, there was no tension, just two indestructible guys punching the crap out of each other.
Its interesting to me that theres a group who says the collateral damage caused by Zod and Superman fighting was horrifying, but theres another group that says Zod and Superman fighting had no tension or consequences, and they felt bored. Im guessing this is where they wanted the movie to insert the president or love interest as tied up and dangling hundreds of feet off the ground to add the "damsel in distress" trope.

For me personally, the novelty of seeing a real comic book style flying fight with Superman was more then enough to keep me invested. We had something like this before with the Matrix Revolutions Neo and Smith fight, but that was still very much a Kung Fu wire fight. Superman's two brilliantly filmed punches on Zod is a comic book flying fight done right. After Zod got punched he stretched out and took off flying. At that point there was no doubt in my mind this Snyder guy was the right man for the job.

bluearth is offline   Reply With Quote